Who Can See My Calendar Events?
SmartCoparent shared calendar is designed to be as flexible as possible. Letting you assign and share events to members, or keep them private.
Your calendar events are private to you unless you assign an event to your member(s) or share an event with a member or members.
Here are a few scenarios we created to help you understand the calendar access:
- Example 1: If you have 1 adult member and 2 children members on your platform and you create an event that is not assigned to any of those members (and you do not share that event with anyone), that event is for your eyes only.
- Example 2: If you create an event and assign that event to your adult member (i.e. ‘co-parent visitation’) and do not share that event with anyone else, your adult member will receive a notification and will be able to view that event.
- Example 3: If you create an event and assign that event to child 1 and you do not share that event with anyone, only you and child 1 can view that event.
- Example 4: If you create an event and assign that event to child 1 and share that event with child 2, only you, child 1 and child 2 can view that event.
- Example 5: Create an event, assign that event to no one and share that event with child 1, child 2 and your adult member, everyone will be able to view this event. i.e. (‘No School, Snow Day’)