How Do I Initiate Indirect Support Payments on SmartCoparent?
Indirect support payments is the act of paying a third party directly (such as a babysitter or music lesson teacher, etc..) instead of the non-custodial parent.
SmartCoparent allows you to make payments to third parties via PayPal and register these payments to your non-custodial parent.
- To initiate an indirect payment to a third party and update your co-parent:
This is a Premium subscription function
Go to the menu and select ‘Send Money’
You will be taken to the payer dashboard
- On the payer menu, select ‘Create Payment’
- Enter the amount you want to pay (it will default to the currency on your account)
- Select your payee from the dropdown list that you want to send a notification to.
- This will automatically populate the PayPal e-mail address your payee’s SmartCoparent e-mail address.
- Change the PayPal address to the third party payee that you wish to pay.
- Select ‘Checkout with PayPal’. You will be directed to the PayPal site to make a payment.
- Once payment is complete, you and your payee will receive a PayPal notification of payment sent and received.
The Payer will see the payment recorded on SmartCoparent payer dashboard and payment details (see below)
ThePayee account details are also updated in the home dashboard and payment receipts details
2. SmartCoparent lets you make payments on PayPal to anyone.
If you want to make an payment and do not want to send a notification to your co-parent, simply please go to step one and do not select a ‘Send To’ in the ‘Create Payment’ screen.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re here.